Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Two New Problems to Solve How good are you??

Go down

Two New Problems to Solve  How good are you?? Empty Two New Problems to Solve How good are you??

Post by Guest 19th January 2011, 15:44

Two roses to solve identity

Ok found this on a property i work on, would say its been in for about 3oyrs + It has thorns on older wood but almost thornless on new wood, perfume is strong musk come dianthus. Here are a couple of pics to look at
This flower is 2"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Round 2

This is a R. Spinossisima Hybrid of some sort, I reckon it might be the Dunwich rose Growthis short and compact, any way here are the pics see what you think, this plant probably has'nt been watered for 15yrs, only rainfall

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Two New Problems to Solve  How good are you?? Empty Re: Two New Problems to Solve How good are you??

Post by Guest 19th January 2011, 16:20

It would be worth looking at Softee (Moore 1983) for the first. I haven't noticed much scent on mine.
The second looks like the dreaded R bracteata.
No I'm not that good, but I've grown both of these!

Back to top Go down

Two New Problems to Solve  How good are you?? Empty Re: Two New Problems to Solve How good are you??

Post by Guest 19th January 2011, 16:57

Thanx Magaret, but i think Softee has aboout twice the petals, this rose in bud form is very pale yellow, the main bloom would verge on the border of a double and semi double

Margaret are the leaves on brateata small, this one the leaves are quite small and the flowers would be about 2"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 19th January 2011, 18:11

'Softee' is completely thornless on new and old wood. There are no prickles on the rachis.

Bracteata is the 2nd one as Maragaet said. It's just been neglected it.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th January 2011, 18:22

Hey Simon, I would agree with that, its bracteata and guess what i just checked my Sympathie it has a really good hip forming from that cross, I just hope its more fertile than Mermaid, fingers crossed. The other one looks like a few hours in HMF again Hmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down