Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Seedling prep for outside

Go down

Seedling prep for outside Empty Seedling prep for outside

Post by Guest 13th April 2010, 01:42

Read an article on myths,one was on the support of young trees. The truth was, it wasn't necessary and even detrimental. The trees under gusty wind conditions stop top growth and instead grow thicker and develop better roots for support. This sounds just right for seedlings in colder climates, needed in fact. So that's why the fan. Also while crowed for space in the sun room a few trays where set on the cloths dryer. When the dryer was running the little seedlings would just wiggle and shake, but it's a soothing motion more like a massage. So I found a electrical saber saw with adjustable speed that would possibly duplicate the motion. In the morning I'll tie wrap the saw to a greenhouse bench and tie wrap the trigger to the right speed. Will it work? Who knows! Be hard to judge, but I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by Neil from Oregon on 16th April 2010, 16:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : better)

Back to top Go down