Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Open day at Rankins roses

4 posters

Go down

Open day at Rankins roses Empty Open day at Rankins roses

Post by curdle1 29th March 2014, 21:38

For anyone around Melbourne, apparently Rankins Roses is having an open day tomorrow (Sunday 30 March) from 10 am to 4 pm, as part of the Open Gardens scheme...they were open today too...
I was at the Melbourne Garden Show today, and picked up a flyer advertising it. (nothing on their website about it though).
Late notice if you didnt know about it already...hehe I only just read the flyer myself when I was going through the collection of bulb purchases plants and self inflicted junkmail that seems to find its way into my bags after going to these things..

curdle1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Open day at Rankins roses Empty Re: Open day at Rankins roses

Post by silkyfizz 29th March 2014, 22:38

Yes Curdle I saw Rankins written up in the Age this morning in the garden section. I'm tossing up whether to go but so much to do at home, I don't know whether I will make it. They are having pruning and budding demonstrations too apparently.
What did you think of the Melbourne Garden Show?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 30th March 2014, 14:44

Silky / Curdle we went to the Melb flower show Wednesday , annual event for me , girlfriend first time , i always enjoy it , saw the Delbard rose Blue Emotion , did you see it , lovely fragrance , the colour reminds me of Blue Moon though , pale mauve , i think it would probably fade quickly in the hot sun , but fragrance lovely ..
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by curdle1 4th April 2014, 23:06

ohh the Melbourne Garden Show is always good fun- been going there with my parents for the last few years. Not sure I liked the layout so much this year, and I couldn't find a couple of exhibitors that I remembered as being there last year. That and its much better to go during the week, cos it was almost impossible to fight through crowds after 12 pm on a Saturday! Plus I spent far too much money buying bulb bargains..

I did end up going to Rankins, tho there wasn't much to see in the way of roses, apart from their standards patch, as most are grown elsewhere on the property, away from the main gate. They did have a nursery of starters and potted plants that was interesting to walk around , as I had only associated Rankins with roses and dahlias; they had all sorts of different varieties there,  including citrus.
The pruning demonstration was worth sticking around for, and they were really good about answering all sorts of questions (pity I 'm too shy to ask some of my own). They also had some Blue Emotions potted up for sale there, and they do indeed smell rather yummy.

curdle1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 5th April 2014, 11:55

Loved the show, I go every 2nd year. Indoors not up to usual standard I thought.
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down