Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site)

2 posters

Go down

Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site) Empty Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site)

Post by muscovyduckling 8th December 2013, 12:45

Hi folks, Jean from Reliabe Roses told me about this website yesterday: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a great resource for newbie like me because of its excellent search function. You can choose the colour you're after, then add more specific search criteria to narrow down your results - there are all the regular search criteria like flower class, bloom size, height etc etc, but there are also more unusual search criteria for those who have a specific spot in the garden in mind, such as 'grows well in a container', 'rose for a shaded position', 'rose for a woodland area', 'suitable for hedging', etc etc. It also rates each rose on its fragrance and thorniness out of ten, and the pics of each rose are very good.

I think this website would be really great for folks like me who know they want to grow roses and have picked out some spots in the garden for them, but who don't know a lot about roses and don't really know what they want!
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site) Empty Re: Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site)

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 8th December 2013, 13:49

Zoe, not to take anything away from the Beales site. As a devotee of roses I am a premium member of Help Me Find roses for $24.00 a year. Have a look at thier site and tell me what you can do as guest ? then I will do the same as a Premium member.
If you ask I can place lots of sites on here for you to look at.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site) Empty Re: Peter Beales Classic Roses (UK site)

Post by muscovyduckling 8th December 2013, 14:42

Thanks David, I do use HMF a lot for general info about a specific rose that I know by name. Unfortunately those of us who don't have a membership are limited to a single search criteria. So I can search for a rose that can be trained as a climber, but I can't search for a rose that can be trained as a climber, will do well in partial shade, and produces decorative hips, for example.
muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 8th December 2013, 21:17

Zoe, it will open your mind. As it is a volunteer group, all monies go to expanding the volunteers which make it run. NON profit
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down