Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose

+12
jordan71
Rose-Anna
Balinbear
betsyw
Ausrose
The Lazy Rosarian
silkyfizz
Happy roses
dannyboy
AutumnDamask
maree
Dimity Cottage
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose Empty Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose

Post by Dimity Cottage 20th September 2013, 13:12

PINK ROSES  - I can hear some of you say not another New Topic. But I thought it would be good to keep the idea of the Favourite Colour Roses going. This time Pink is the Topic. Please add any helpful info you can on your roses as that will help us decide if we want to add that one to our gardens. Now I could go on and on for ages with Pink Roses but I won’t so I hope to see many more I could plant in my garden. I am especially looking for some short growing Pink Roses. Some of my Favourites at the moment are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

David Austin’s Radio Times, it is a Medium Pink and mine is around 90cms and has been in the garden for about a year. It has been a good performer putting out some good new growth & buds already this year.

Another is David Austin’s Strawberry Hill, Rose Pink blooms and the perfume is Myrrh & Honey (I am yet to smell my own). I have not had this one in for long only this season & already it is growing very well. It does have buds but no flowers open as yet.

Bonica is another favourite, I have 7 Standard Roses. The colour is a Medium Pink. My Standards have been growing here now for around 7 years. It has no scent but makes up for it with abundant flowers. It does tend to have a mind of its own with stems wanting to grow this way & that, so it does need to be kept in check.

Comte de Chambord is a Portland with a beautiful Strong Damask perfume. The colour to me is a real Lolly Pink almost like the old Musk Sticks we had as a child. My bush is around 1 mtr tall and very healthy, no sign of any nasty insects or blackspot.

Duchesse de Brabant is a Tea Rose that seems to love living here she puts on a show all year. I have 13 of these in between 5 Standard Brindabella White Bouquet Roses and 12 Diamant Ground Cover Roses as a border. She has a lovely perfume and the colour of the petals is beautiful a Soft Pink almost Translucent. Aphids do sometimes love to congregate on the new tips but I try to keep under control with Beneficial Insects & Eco Sprays. Sometimes a little Black Spot but nothing much to worry about.

Borderer Rose, is a Polyantha from the Australian hybridizer, Alister Clark. I have 7 of these in between 3 Standard Brindabella Pink Bouquet Roses and they are doing very well and seem to always have a good flush of flowers. I keep my trimmed to a hight of 30cms. The colour is a Salmon-Pink. She shows little sign of aphids or blackspot.
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose Empty Re: Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose

Post by maree 20th September 2013, 13:27

I just love Olde Fragrance , a large bushy , upright fragrant rose , healthy too and of course Jubilee Celebration , medium , bushy , healthy prolific . Love Violina too , a very large fragrant rose , light pink , needs to be in a sheltered , sunny spot , because of its size , or else the canes break off , and of course Aoteroa , medium pink , like lots of water , healthy too , soooo many of them , smallish bush ...
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose Empty Re: Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose

Post by AutumnDamask 20th September 2013, 15:19

Pinks.... hehehe Blah Blah Blah 
Autumn Damask/Quatre Saisons - the smell...love
Duet - she just goes and goes ....
Olde Fragrance - "big and busty" L.O.L. 
Lady of Megginch
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 20th September 2013, 15:25

My favourite two would have to be Childrens Rose perfume so strong and damask and lovely big bloom that flowers so much.The other I like to is Bridal pink lovely cut flower.I dont mind MARY MACKILLOP also lovely rose to.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 20th September 2013, 16:05

Fairytale Queen (marchen Konig) (spelling?) Pale pink exhibtion style flowers that last for ages.
Mine was growing really well until I moved it and it has neverbeen the same since. I am kicking myself as it was hard to get.
If anyone know of a rose that has the same criteria I am all ears...
Happy roses
Happy roses

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 20th September 2013, 16:21

Jubilee Celebration for me, love that colour pink, sort of peachy, great depth and delicacy. Also Pierre de Ronsard, so feminine and romantic.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 20th September 2013, 16:37

Danny have look at Flamingo and Sonia, if you like 'Bridal Pink'
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 20th September 2013, 16:43

Oh my goodness, You are all giving me food for thought, especially any of the Old Fashioned & dare I say it David Austin's. Don't you just love all those adorable Pinks, how do they do it. Well I guess it is called years of experience & experimentation.
Have a Super Gardening Weekend. Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose 3528955085
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 20th September 2013, 16:49

Isn't it funny how some pinks just make you go weak at the knees and other shades of pink just turn you off? Or is it just me?
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 20th September 2013, 17:03

Yes Silky Pink is funny like that I can remember I used to refuse to wear Pink and say 'Pink is a Colour you Eat not one you Wear', now I wear it and I am complimented by my husband each time.
But there are some Pink Roses I just can't take to and if I research one and like it and then find the colour is not anywhere near the colour of the picture & is awful and throws my colour scheme out what can I do. I can't pull a healthy Rose out. So I have to plant some companions to bring the colours together, it works and I am very happy then with the outcome.
The Moral of this Story is first find the Rose growing if you can to check the colour before buying and planting,
Saves Money. Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose 931050920
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 20th September 2013, 18:13

I like dark pink but for some reason not on roses, it doesnt do anything for me. light to mid pink are my favorite.
Happy roses
Happy roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 20th September 2013, 18:31

I have three favourite pink roses these being Bridal Pink, Queen Elizabeth and Admiral Rodney. A floribunda Bridal Pink gave the African Queen and I our first grand champion about ten years ago. The original grandiflora Queen Elizabeth's clear pink colour is a winner. Admiral Rodney is a magnificent exhibition rose with a knockout fragrance that I'm hoping to pick up a champion exhibition ribbon in the not to distant future. Nurseryman  the late Ted Treloar once put an Admiral Rodney on the show bench that did a Rachel Welch scoring 10 out of 10. Rose folklore tells the story that Ted never exhibited another rose having achieved perfection.

Of the Aussie bred roses Governor Macquarie is good rose as is the Rose Society of NSW centennial celebration rose 100 Not Out. The Eric Welsh bred miniature Delicious is another good pink Aussie.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz 20th September 2013, 22:39

Another pink that I love is Jessika. New to my garden and I'm looking forward to enjoying her fragrant blooms. When I saw actually saw her in bloom, I just knew.
Elle is a similar pink that changes slightly according to weather/season and again highly fragrant. The bees just love her flowers too.
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 21st September 2013, 04:44

Ausrose wrote:I have three favourite pink roses these being Bridal Pink, Queen Elizabeth and Admiral Rodney. A floribunda Bridal Pink gave the African Queen and I our first grand champion about ten years ago. The original grandiflora Queen Elizabeth's clear pink colour is a winner. Admiral Rodney is a magnificent exhibition rose with a knockout fragrance that I'm hoping to pick up a champion exhibition ribbon in the not to distant future. Nurseryman  the late Ted Treloar once put an Admiral Rodney on the show bench that did a Rachel Welch scoring 10 out of 10. Rose folklore tells the story that Ted never exhibited another rose having achieved perfection.

Of the Aussie bred roses Governor Macquarie is good rose as is the Rose Society of NSW centennial celebration rose 100 Not Out. The Eric Welsh bred miniature Delicious is another good pink Aussie.

I second that Governor Macquarie has it all perfume ,lovely flower and very healthy plant to.Lovely Lady is another nice pink rose.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 21st September 2013, 08:01

silkyfizz wrote:Isn't it funny how some pinks just make you go weak at the knees and other shades of pink just turn you off? Or is it just me?
Too troo. Such a broad spectrum. Classifications make things tricky. Personally, I would call Baronne Edmund de Rothschild an ashes-of-roses medium pink rather than the official "light red" (what the hell is light red anyway, but mid-pink, I ask ya?). Very agreeable, smart colour.

The ugly: That Perfume Passion I acquired last year : covered in glory, this one, gold medals all over the place, much-touted scent, bullet=proof health. What could possibly go wrong?

The colour. Bazooka Bubblegum pink. Unrelentingly garish in daylight and deathly dull in a vase. Scent was detergent-lemon to my nose. I could not wait to give it away. Even drove it to a new home myself. So long, and don't call us, we'll call you.

About 180 degrees away is my new Sightsaver, an end-of-year Swane's purchase last season. No gold medals that I know of, not a big seller, either. Well...Just love it. The deliciously fragrant blooms are a not-quite definable pale shell pink with delicate highlights of peach. Hope it proves wonderfully bloomiforous and healthy this year. Beautiful flower, inside and out.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 21st September 2013, 08:35

I have grown Sightsaver for a couple of years now and I would class it as good rose with great potential for the full bloom class on the show bench.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 21st September 2013, 08:45

Wow! That's fantastic encouragement, Ausrose. I'm going to go out now and whisper in my Sightsaver's petal-ear: "Sweetie, one of Astralia's most beribboned, show winning experts says you have a real future!"
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 21st September 2013, 12:43

I could start at one end and say that is my favourite pink and find by the end of my travels that I now have 100 favourite pinks (actually 101 as we have that many pink varieties according to my spreadsheet though it does need updating).

Same for the other colours though a couple of the trial roses we have, whilst being great healthy plants with good shaped and repeating flowers, have colours that I am not to flushed about (Julia Rose type coffee/chocolate quick sort of colour). But that's just me and 99% of other rose growers will probably like them.

In fact they are all my favourites. If I don't like them they don't stay around.

But I guess Com. de Labarthe and Boarder would have to be high on the list simply because we have so many of them.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 21st September 2013, 13:40

roseman wrote:Danny have look at Flamingo and Sonia, if you like 'Bridal Pink'
Bridal pink looks a little similar to Fairytale Queen, will consider it if I get rid of FQ Sad . Flamingo looks quite nice too, there's a park in Brisbane that has a lot of roses and I went for a walk through on a very hot day in Summer. I did notice that while a lot of roses were frying in the heat, Flamingo seem to be unfazed by it.
Happy roses
Happy roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses 21st September 2013, 20:17

Ausrose, you said you have Admiral Rodney, I was just wondering how long it lasts as a cut flower?
Happy roses
Happy roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 21st September 2013, 21:06

More than the David Austin's but less than Kardinal.

Ausrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose-Anna 22nd September 2013, 00:35

I love pink :DBut when it comes to roses I think it would be Bridal Pink and Pink Kardinal. Both exceptional performers with lovely shaped roses that seems to last forever Smile

I can probably figure out a few more but these are my absolute favs Very Happy

Bridal Pink

Pink cardinal

Rose-Anna
Rose-Anna

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd September 2013, 05:52

Pink Kardinal has fantastic shape about it Anna, should win in show IMO
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 22nd September 2013, 08:32

ANAIS SEGLAES

BELLE AMOUR

BELLE DE GRECY

BARONE DE ROTHSCHILD

BEST FRIEND

BOURBON QUEEN

CHAPEAU DE NAPOLEONE

CHARTREUSE DE PARME

There is lots more but I could spend all day posting pics LOL
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage 22nd September 2013, 14:32

Oh Jordan, What Stunning Roses you should be proud. I would love to have any of these in my garden. You all have wonderful taste. I have not seen or read of one rose I would not want to call my own...But Dream On Dianne. You live in Suburbia, Wake Up you block isn't that big.
But I am allowed to dream aren't I..... Pink Roses what is your Favoutite Rose 3028820582
Dimity Cottage
Dimity Cottage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next