Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

A Visit to a new rose place

2 posters

Go down

A Visit to a new rose place Empty A Visit to a new rose place

Post by paulh 9th December 2012, 00:14

I recently found an ad on Gumtree Perth under roses...well we took the 50 minute drive inland from the coast. It a small rose nursery, doesn't have an extensive range like a large nursery but does have a very good selection of all the colour groups and bi colours. The man who runs it is an old Italian guy named John. He has been grafting roses since 1960 and only uses Fortuniana root stock, he even shoed me the fortuniana. He was very helpful and eager to give advice if needed.
All his roses are ONLY $12...and standards are $20, compared with dawsons for example well it's easy to work out the maths.
He was the only one we could find that was grafting Black beauty, so we grabbed one, also another Blue Moon (to replace the one thats on the wrong root stock), a Just Joey to replace our Diamond Jubilee same deal with the root stock and a Harry Wheatcroft. All plants were nice and healthy.

Well this nice old guy even put the roses in plastic bags before they went in the car..and as we were about to leave his son Joseph came out with a can of coke for me and my better half because it was a rather warm day.
Boy, how nice was that, so for us who live here in Perth, you should do yourself a favour and pay them a visit. Tell them Paul gave you the info.
The Address is...
81 Crystal Brook Rd in Wattle Grove
Phone: 0406580790
They are there most days, however a quick phone call to check would be the way to go.
paulh
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

A Visit to a new rose place Empty Re: A Visit to a new rose place

Post by neptune 9th December 2012, 00:17

I wish someone came out when I was there , just before you today...
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down