Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Official Blog for the forums

3 posters

Go down

Official Blog for the forums Empty Official Blog for the forums

Post by Admin 26th January 2012, 16:39

You might have noticed on the right hand side a new button has appeared. It looks like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you click on it this button will take you to the new official blog for the forum.

The idea behind this was prompted by a reply I made to Bruce on the topic of genetics. The replies were lengthy and quite heavy. I thought at the time that this amount of text is pretty much an article so why not keep it off the forum and expand on it in a short article that can be published on our blog.

So, every now and then I am going to choose member's posts to elaborate on to provide a more indepth reply by way of an article. I also intend to add things along the way from guest writers and interviews with prominent members of the global rose community.

I'll post in the announcements section when new articles have been published, though if you check out the blog page you will notice that you can follow the blog and you can subscribe to it so you can receive notifications by email. Then, you can choose whether or not you want to read it and with any luck I can avoid cluttering up the forum with lengthy tomes so much Wink

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Official Blog for the forums Empty Re: Official Blog for the forums

Post by Carole 26th January 2012, 17:28

OK Simon,
David isn't here so I cant ask him why this has been done.
I have read your post 3 times and still dont understand the reasoning for moving subjects over to this blog.
I personally am not into genetics - but others are.
I like to play with crosses of roses I like in the hope of geting a better rose for me.
I love seeing peoples rose pictures.
I enjoy reading members posts and colect a lot of info from them.
Anything on the forum that doesn't interest me, I can skip past.
I dont feel that things that dont interest me are clutter -so I would have just left things as they were.
David sees things different to me and will probably tell me I am lol! wrong and agree with you.
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 26th January 2012, 18:50

It's because sometimes I feel like there is information overload... this gives me a chance to expand on things. I'm not moving it off the forum... just giving it a better platform.. like the chapter of a book.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole 26th January 2012, 18:56

Okey dokey
Carole
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 31st January 2012, 10:32

That sounds like a real good idea Simon.
The other week I was trying to join my roserian friend, Lynette, up on your forum. We got mucked up because a advertisement come up and I couldn't get out of it with out shutting down. Then it was too late to try again. I don't get these advertisements on my computer. I have been meaning to ask you if you could send her a joining email if it is not too much work. I will have to get her email address as I didn't take note of it.
Anyway I have got off the track. I was trying to find the the article of the largest rose in the World, a Banksia, in the dry country of America that I had seen a long time ago on your forum, so I could show her. I couldn't find it, maybe I wasn't looking for it the right spot, but I wondered if you had to take some old imformation off because the forum got too loaded from time to time, which seemed a shame as new members would benifit from seeing these things, or for older members to look back over from time to time.

Last edited by rosemeadow on 31st January 2012, 11:31; edited 1 time in total

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 31st January 2012, 11:00

Hi Karen,

No posts are ever pruned here so the old post about that large banksiae rose in Tombstone Texas is still there. There are two references to it here:

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (though the Tombstone link doesn't work anymore).

The ad thing is a little strange. I would spend some time with Lynette going through her computer to 'clean' it of harmful programs called Malware or spyware that cause random ads to pop up. There are a few free programs on the internet that can do this. One is Adaware (download here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ). I use a range of prpgrams almost everyday to get rid of the rubbish that gets transferred to our computers every time e go online. It's not part of the forum. If you can send me her email address I can create an account for her.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 31st January 2012, 11:36

Thanks Simon for that information. I have Lynette's email address now, I will email it to you.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down