Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Looking for information on these nurseries...

+2
RitaG
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Looking for information on these nurseries... Empty Looking for information on these nurseries...

Post by Admin 1st January 2012, 13:56

There are two rose nurseries mentioned in the Australian Rose Directory (mine is the 2nd edition) that I'm hoping to add information about to the links section here. If anyone knows anything about these ones, whether they are still in business, contacts etc, can you post some details here (I will be calling them up, where numbers are shown, after the 5th of Jan when most things should be open again)?

1. Minirose Nursery
Phone: 03 9898 5594
Address:111 Shannon Street, Box Hill North VIC 3129

2. Fradee Nursery
Address: 10 Edinburgh St Fradee Nursery, Tahmoor, Nsw, 2573

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for information on these nurseries... Empty Re: Looking for information on these nurseries...

Post by RitaG 1st January 2012, 14:17

I've heard of Fradee and may have even been there in the late 90s, together with a friend for we used to go down that way quite a bit to browse around, but according to this site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Fradee's ABN was cancelled in 2002.
RitaG
RitaG

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Looking for information on these nurseries... Empty Re: Looking for information on these nurseries...

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 1st January 2012, 14:27

I will have some thoughts on "Fradee", they dealt in minatures only from memory bank
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 1st January 2012, 14:56

Minirose is/was also "Rose Paradise". Have bought/been given several roses from them over the last few years and they were all good ones. They didn't sell barerooted (or by mail?) but they seemed to have good stock.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 1st January 2012, 14:58

Ahh - had a suspicion Minirose was RP! They are still going too and their link is already in the nursery section I think.

Last edited by Simon on 2nd January 2012, 12:57; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd January 2012, 12:47

Fradee was owned/run by Sonja Townson. She contributed to a symposium in the Australian Rose Annual in 2001 on p141. I have no idea if she is still in business, but Richard Walsh may know. She used to stock a few of his roses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 13th January 2012, 21:00

I'm also looking for information on Rose Cottage Nursery, in Gawler, SA. I have a telephone contact but was wondering if they are still in business? I also have an email contact but wanted to find out if they are still going before emailing them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th January 2012, 08:57

Rose Cottage Nursery; still in business but in a different way, mainly wholesale. I don't know if the email address is still current. Phone no might be different too as it is no longer in Gawler. Arthur has been very generous with budding heritage roses cheaply for the HRIAI Collection at Renmark and for the Bushfire Gardens project.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 14th January 2012, 09:09

Thankyou, Margaret. There is a 1977 rose called 'Smarty' that the Australian Rose Directory shows they once stocked too. I am keen to try and track this rose down.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 14th January 2012, 09:16

Ok... just tried the email and it got bounced back to me. If anyone knows of current email could they please PM it to me?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonita18 16th January 2012, 22:08

Mini rose r Rose Paradise nursery is a mystery to me. I tried to phone them about two years ago on several occasions but the message bank was full. I wrote to them and received no reply but the letter was not returned. I wrote once more and sent an order - still no success. Then one day I did get through on the phone and spoke to Mrs Hannemann, the wife of the breeder and nursery proprietor. She found my order but again I have never received anything nor heard from them. I asked Ian Spriggs if they were still operating and he thought so. I asked a lady I met out in western Qld last August, who lived near the nursery to check and let me know. I have heard nothing. In the meantime I would have to say that Mr Hannemann's rose the mini Ruby Treasure brings me much pleasure and I have crossed it with Radio Times and like two of the results but am unsure what they will become.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 16th January 2012, 22:26

I rang them a few years back and they said they no longer do mail order.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 17th January 2012, 10:04

Another small nursery selling heritage roses and various herbs,plants,grasses etc is Honeysuckle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
30 Bowen Mountain Road. Grosevale. NSW 2753

That's up the Blue Mountains near East Kurrajong.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down