Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Australia Photography Forum

3 posters

Go down

Australia Photography Forum Empty Australia Photography Forum

Post by Admin 22nd November 2011, 21:09

I have found (and joined) an Australian photographic forum that people might be interested in if they are keen to develop their photographic skills. It's early days for me so far but it seems to be every bit as friendly and supportive as we are here Smile They offer places to post your favourite photos, places to ask for help and also hold monthly competitions.

It's called the Australian Photography Forum and it can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Australia Photography Forum Empty Re: Australia Photography Forum

Post by OzRose 22nd November 2011, 22:28

Is this part of the "Australian Photography" magazine thingo ?
I used to buy that religiously in the early 90's when I was learning to master my then brand spanking new Yashica SLR.

I bought a copy the other day for the first time in about 18 years .... now I have a new Nikon to play with Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
[I have been really spoilt this year , it's a combined birthday/Christmas pressie but what the heck I've got used to that over the past 50 yrs seeing as how I was only a few minutes short of poking me nose out into the fresh air on the 25th lol.]

I wanted Kevin to put it away till the 24th but he said No , I had to take it out and use it and make sure that everything works all right.

He's a good bloke , my fella love

I've just had a brief squiz there Simon , jeez between Rosetalk , OzGrow my fishing forum and now this photography one .... I'll never get off the computer roflmao

I have a good idea Simon ! Idea I'll tell Kevin it's all your fault roflmao lol!

Seriously tho bloke , thanks for the thumbs up , I reckon I could learn a bit there .....

cheers. Rosalie

Last edited by OzRose on 22nd November 2011, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
OzRose
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22nd November 2011, 22:33

No probs... so you're a 25th baby huh.. I'm a 24th baby.. makes me one day old than you Wink lol - I don't think it's any relation to the magazine of the same name.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose 23rd November 2011, 04:32

Wot 25th of December ?

No no , I made it in on the 24th with minutes to spare apparently .

There's a story there to that , that my mum liked to tell.

I was not due to arrive on December 24th [I think it was more like the beginning of January] but babies often have other ideas [as I have learned to my cost] Mum was doing all the usual Christmas Eve stuff when you have kids [I have two older sisters] but then it all went a bit pear shaped .
Dad had to make a rushed trip to get Nana [babysitter] and then make a bolt to hospital with mum. It was only about 12 miles as the crow flies but in those days it was nearly a cut lunch and a waterbag trip as we lived in one of the real outer fringe new suburb areas .
Mum's Dr had hung up his "Closed for The Christmas Break" sign and escaped for a well earned sojourn to his fishing shack [which I think was up Lancelin way - look for it on the map in relation to Victoria Park and imagine it in 1961 when all the roads outside of the immediate suburbs were still gravel]
Dad got Mum to St Ives in time for the nuns to do all the things that they used to do to delivering Mums before making himself scarce [like dad's did in those days]
Mum had delivered my two older sisters at this same hospital and during her previous confinements had heard whispered about stories on the ward about this particular old sister that didn't like babies to be born before the Dr arrived and literally stuck her hand in and held the baby back . [Can you imagine anyone being daft enough to try and attempt that these days without a super good reason ???]
Mum reckoned she nearly freaked out when she got to hospital and found this old tartar on duty.
The labor progressed quite smartly as latter ones do but still Dr Whitter hadn't arrived . Then this old .... dear , said Oh look it's nearly the 25th , birth of our Blessed Baby , are you sure you don't want to wait a wee while ...?
Mum said she was already freaked out by the mental images of the nun holding the baby in ; said she swore for the first time in her life and this baby was coming out NOW and before all the nuns fainted or took her to task about language , her Doctor arrived , still in his fishing clothes . For some reason I have this mental image of him looking like Henry from M*A*S*H with trout flies in his hat ......
And so I was allowed to arrived unimpeded , just before midnight on the 24th of December.

" T'was the night before Christmas
and all through the house ,
Nothing was stirring , not even a mouse "
OzRose
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 23rd November 2011, 19:51

I was also due sometime in January... Mum blames the Cold Duck and a hot Sydney day Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 23rd November 2011, 21:22

Heh. I have one uncle who was born on the 23rd, one cousin on the 24th and another cousin on the 25th.
I was due on the 28th but I was a first baby... and I dug my heels in. :p Mum had to wait until the next year for me.
lol!
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down