Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ?

5 posters

Go down

So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ? Empty So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ?

Post by The Estate 21st June 2010, 19:21

etc........ Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Love to see a few piccies of your other Winter blooms [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Estate
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ? Empty Re: So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ?

Post by The Estate 22nd June 2010, 20:45

few I took today...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Estate
The Estate

Back to top Go down

So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ? Empty Re: So What Do You Grow In Winter For Colour ?

Post by Admin 27th June 2010, 14:43

Cylcamen brighten up the garden down here at this time of year Smile We buy them in pots and once they stop flowering plant them in the garden and they keep coming back up year after year Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate 27th June 2010, 15:38

nice piccies, you'll have to give me some tips on taking good pics cheers Mine are slowly coming along and yes same here buy as an ornamental and then into the garden, they are really easy to grow from seed as well flower
The Estate
The Estate

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 27th June 2010, 17:41

I hope they will start to self seed in the garden too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozrosarian 27th June 2010, 21:12

Way back in Europe cyclamen used to grow in the wild, next to my grandma's home. They had an exquisite colour. But they were nicely fragrant too. However, I've never found fragrant cyclamen again. I cannot find anything here in garden centres either -- they're all offering ornamentals, big flower heads, different colours, but zero fragrance. Anyone knows anything about fragrant, dainty varieties in their pale pink colour?
Ozrosarian
Ozrosarian

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 27th June 2010, 21:37

I have a miniature species cyclamen somewhere.. must look for it to see if it's still around. If not there is a hellebore nursery down here that also sells these different varieties of cyclamen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 27th June 2010, 21:51

This really werid. I have never taken any notice of cyclamens before and here you are talking about them and today my wife came home with one!
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 27th June 2010, 22:06

I really don't like them as potted plants Gary... but in the garden they are wonderful. They look amazing in deciduous garden.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 27th June 2010, 22:11

Oz... Do you have a Facebook account? Here is a link to the hellebore nursery's Facebook page... the link to their website is there as well:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They do mailorder too but you might have to ask them specifically about their cylcamen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbi 28th June 2010, 00:03

I have cyclamen, penstemons, pansies, polyanthus, erigeron, hebes, alyssum, bedding begonias, gazanias and geraniums flowering now. Also a few confused nasturtiums delphiniums and lavender hanging on. Even a couple of azaleas and I don't think its their time either.

Also one lonely hoop petticoat and a snowflake (what are they thinking?)

Roses still flowering sparsely are the Mayflower, Leonardo da Vinci, Pierre do Ronsard, Friesa, Europeana, Victoria Gold, Lilian Austin, red flower carpet and Baron E Rothschild.

Abbi

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down