Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Request from Wedge (Dave)

3 posters

Go down

Request from Wedge (Dave) Empty Request from Wedge (Dave)

Post by wedge 2nd October 2009, 01:00

Hi all. I'm sitting here after just getting home from work (12:45am) as we own a cleaning business. I have been busy on the forums as you have already seen (so much to learn!!), that i've forgotten about a trip that's coming up in 3 weeks time. I'm having 10 days off and catching a direct flight from Mackay to Sydney and hiring a car and driving to Mildura to catch up with an old internet friend whom i've never met before. I'm really looking forward to the drive out along the plains as there won't be a single stick of sugar cane in sight which will be a change from where we live here. I'm spending 3 days in Mildura and heading back to Sydney via Cowra as i'm also visiting a friend there. After that it's back to Sydney to stay with another old friend and then just to relax for about 4 days. I'm embarrassed to ask but was just wondering if it was possible to catch up with one or more of you while down that way. It would be lovely to put a face to a name and hopefully to pick up a few tips if only for a few hours. I have so many ideas and plans for my new garden i don't know where to start and i'm worried i'll make some fatal mistakes. I've already had some wonderful advice concerning which varieties to grow up this way but it would be great to also learn the basics of preparing a bed ready for my roses as well as other basic information that i will need to know. If anybody has a few hours to spare me i would be ever thankful !!!!! The dates i will be in the Sydney area will be the 27th to the 31st of this month (Oct). Cheers.....Dave.
wedge
wedge

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Request from Wedge (Dave) Empty Re: Request from Wedge (Dave)

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 2nd October 2009, 06:27

Dave, I will put my hand up if Mudgee is not out of the way. You would have to come from Cowra to Mudgee then turn right to get back to Sydney.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by wedge 2nd October 2009, 08:16

Good morning Roseman. Wow, that would be super !!! There's a few things i have to do in Sydney while i'm there but basically i'll be at a loose end for a while so if i could drop in just for a few hours, that would be fantastic !!!! When it comes to roses, i'm a rank amatuer compared to you guys but a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !!! A quick calculation puts you about 260km from Cowra...easy !!! Thank you so much m8...i really appreciate it !!
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2009, 08:48

You could always fly to Melbourne Idea

Back to top Go down

Post by wedge 2nd October 2009, 10:12

Awww....i think my wings would fall off if i flew that far Estate !!! lol! Actually, the option was to fly to Melb. and either catch a flight to Mildura or hire a car and drive but i decided to fly to Sydney and drive out from there. It's a long way...about 1100km i think but i enjoy driving and even tho the countryside out over the plains is flat, dry and boring, for me it holds a special appeal. I'm also loking forward to catching up with Roseman, if only for a few hours.
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd October 2009, 09:08

Always next time Very Happy but make it is rise season lol! Dont let David and Carole talk you into a few 'Merry' or you'll have to camp the night Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th October 2009, 12:05

If you get to Mildura, make sure you visit the Inland Botanical Garden (across the river at Gol Gol, lovely name). Not all the roses are IDed or IDed correctly, but the volunteer group try hard. The non-roses are very well worth wandering among too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 5th October 2009, 17:47

Hi Dave, I would be available most days except Thursdays.
I live in Upper Dural, now called Glenorie amoungst some very good rose nurseries in Dural proper. Could take you on the tour and have a look at the few baby Tea's I have here.

Would suggest you Email or contact me on the message forum for my details.

Bruce.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th October 2009, 19:38

Crying or Very sad Not fair Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down