Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT

2 posters

Go down

White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT Empty White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT

Post by Admin 22nd April 2009, 23:09

I don't have any other photos of this plant just now. It was in a pot and I let it get too dry for too long and it dumped all its leaves. It has disticntive serrated leaves, however, that I'll try and photograph one day and add to the list of diagnostic-type photos. The plant is somewhat remarkeable for its survival abilities. I didn't buy this rose. I found it digging in a new rose bed here completely burried and nothing more than a stump... I didn't know it was there and had been walking all over it and the area was lawn before... it showed signs of being repeatedly mown. I almost threw it out until I noticed a small shoot coming out from the thick swollen graft. Only reason I knew it was a rose was due to the graft. It was potted up and I watched leaves appear and it grew and grew and then flowered. This was its first flower:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's very fragrant and doesn't have a huge number of petals (maybe around 20-25). It sets hips really easily and I've polinated it this year with 'Perfume Perfection' (a floribunda) and 'Heritage' (a DA). Both of them took and I look forward to seeing what this rose can produce. It looks like an older HT and it has good health and disease resistance. Shape is hard to tell just now because it is still only about 2ft tall but it has branched well from the base (so am hoping it will make a nicely shaped shrub). It's now in the ground so it can run. I was thinking it looked a little like an old HT called 'Antoine Rivoire' (making it a cross with the Tea 'Dr Gill') but I can't find foliage images for comparison.

I'll keep adding to this as I get better pics.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT Empty Re: White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT

Post by Admin 22nd April 2009, 23:31

Another possibility is a more recent (1985) addition called 'Sheer Bliss'???

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT Empty Re: White/Salmon blend (possibly early) HT

Post by rosemeadow 10th May 2009, 23:19

Simon, its lucky it got saved by you.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down