Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot

Go down

Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot Empty Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot

Post by Guest 15th May 2017, 08:54

Hi there,  I got my first rose on the weekend & have potted it up in a lovely glazed pot using aggregate gravel on the bottom, then used OsmocoteŽ Professional Rose, Gardenia, Azalea & Camellia Mix watered it in then put a layer of mulch on the top.  Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to make sure it's ready for a winter here in outer Brisbane? (I've heard it will be a Wednesday this year  Razz  )  Normally when planting a new plant I would Seasol it but I didn't - should I have (for future reference)? Should I fertilise in the next couple of weeks? Does it need staking? It does have two buds on it at present.  TIA

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot Empty Re: Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 15th May 2017, 12:02

Hi, David here, you have done all the right things so far. Seasol on planting is one of the things I always suggest to new rose growers. I would not fertilze now, the saesol will do till it settles into the pot, give it a a month or longer. Also be careful not to let the mix dry out as the glazed pot will heat up a bit. No need to stake it unless you have bought a standard/tree rose, if it is just a bush it will be fine. By the way what is the name of the rose which you have purchased.
Apart from your username, what may we call you ?
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot Empty Re: Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 15th May 2017, 12:15

Hi again, I have just ADmin(which I am) and noticed your email address and found your Christian name, Tracy, I think it would nice if we here at the forum used it instead of your username.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th May 2017, 13:51

Thanks The Lazy Rosarian.. Ummm I'm a bit confused - it asks for a User name so that's the name I put in - I also have an email address with this name but your forum said someone else had that email address - strange????  If this is going to be an issue I'll find another forum to ask the questions to.  I was just answering the questions as per registration form?
I'm not sure how that affects questions on Roses??
The name of the rose is in the heading - Blue Moon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down