Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

A bit dodgy

+2
SueH
muscovyduckling
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A bit dodgy - Page 2 Empty Re: A bit dodgy

Post by Ausrose 15th June 2014, 19:07

I have three Hot Chocolate (Simcho) that I received as gift roses from Treloars over the years and I am hoping to use it as a show bench floribunda in the not to distant future. I met the late Nola Simpson in 2009 when the AQ and I visited NZ and we were both very impressed with her passion for roses and her  knowledge of them.

With respect to code names I am not sure there is any formula for arriving at a code name i.e. first three letters etc. the code name WEKpaltlee relates to Weeks' Rose the company Keith Zari worked for when he bred the Hot Chocolate we know as Hot Cocao. All roses bred under the Weeks' banner start with WEK. The well known rose Paradise was bred at Weeks and its code name is WEKeip.
Keith Zari bred hundreds of roses most of them while he was working for Jackson and Perkins so the majority of the roses bred by Keith Zari have JAC as the first three letters of their code name.e.g.Diana, Princess of Wales(JACshaq), Fabulous(JACrex), Gemini(JACnepal), Pope John Paul 11(JACsegra).

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum