Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar

5 posters

Go down

Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar Empty Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar

Post by maree 13th January 2013, 10:14

I know we have discussed this before , but does anyone know if Twilight is any closer to being released in Australia ? From what i have read a much better rose than Ebb Tide , Finbaar please ....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar Empty Re: Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar

Post by finbarr 14th January 2013, 18:11

Twilight Zone is in trial mode now. looks the goods for release, more vigorous than Ebb Tide, possibly more reliable across climate zones, the flower is not quite as dark/smokey. expect around 2014 if things continue to go well.

finbarr

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar Empty Re: Twilight Zone rose , question for Finbaar

Post by maree 14th January 2013, 18:23

Thats great Finbaar, i have a spot already picked out for it, lets hope it comes up good for release , in a standard too !!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 14th January 2013, 21:57

I'm the guy who said all those nasty things about 'Ebb Tide' since it's release by Swanes. I want to retract 50% of the bad remarks now it's more consolidated (Three seasons).
I'm impressed by it's seedlings because they are showing no mildew at all
and it has passed on it's colour to a high percentage of it's offspring.
It's a good medium size rose which needs plenty of TLC for best results.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 15th January 2013, 06:41

Bruce what did you cross it, 'Ebb Tide' with. Question
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 15th January 2013, 09:16

Yes, Bruce, what I was going to ask.

Have you produced a better rose? And deep purple with fragrance? I think you could have a real winner here.Possibly better than Twilight Zone. All power to the independent breeders . I'd buy.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 15th January 2013, 15:45

David, it was a slap dash anything will do pollinating effort on 'Ebb Tide' because I wasn't very overjoyed with it's performance up to now.
Without thought I used 'Mme Isaac Perriere' and 'Carefree Wonder' each growing alongside. The colours are various shades of purple to mauve. Must be something in it's genotype that's good. I have propogated a few more plants of 'Sweet Chariot' which is on both sides of 'Ebb Tides' pedigree for future breeding. Also grafted 'Route 66' to use next season. I'm a bit pleased with health and fragrance of nearly all the numerous mauve roses here. Health still remains my number one priority.

Betsy, thanks for the encouragement but I'm very small fry compared to other breeders like Meillands, Kordes and Jackson & Perkins who breed hundreds of thousands every year. I'll keep you in mind when I breed that black/purple high centered exhibition bloom with strong damask fragrance on a very healthy shrub like bush. I'm not holding my breath.

'Twilight Zone' looks like a goody

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 15th January 2013, 18:05

Don't forget me too , Ozeboy !!!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 15th January 2013, 18:32

LOLOL Ozeboy! Can I have the one that grows money, too?
Seriously, you guys are sitting on some mighteee fine creations, and we can't wait until you bring some to market. (maree and I are a market, you know Very Happy
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by finbarr 15th January 2013, 20:19

Ebb Tide, like many get better with age, ET does take a little longer, likes the heat. Twilight seems to repeat a little faster. finbarr

finbarr

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 15th January 2013, 20:44

A good repeat flowering rose Finbaar , its getting more interesting , hope Twilight and Soul Mate eventually comes in standards too ..
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 15th January 2013, 20:48

Anything is possible if the money is right Thumbsup
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 17th January 2013, 21:27

You are right Roseman , Finbaar remember me for standards for Soul Mate and Twilight Zone next year please !!!!
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down