Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls

3 posters

Go down

Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls Empty Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls

Post by betsyw 18th November 2012, 14:33

Smitten by the colour of this one. I know a few RTA people grow it, exhibit it. Can you advise on 1) repeat? and 2) bs susceptibility? I'd like to bring this one front-of-house, not for cutting but for glamorous specimen.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls Empty Re: Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls

Post by Guest 18th November 2012, 15:17

betsy this is one of my favourites as a garden plant and to use as a seed parent. Here in Deniliquin it is bullet proof, health is no problem and bloom production is pretty good. All of its offspring display these characteristics of well being and bloom production.

Back to top Go down

Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls Empty Re: Baronne Edmond de Rothschild - more info pls

Post by betsyw 18th November 2012, 15:22

Ozroz, coming from you, the "we-bow-down-before-you" guru, this is thrilling news. I am enchanted with it as a flower. On your recommendation - damnfine good enough for me - my two will move tomorrow to the best spot front of house.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th November 2012, 15:24

where about are you in NSW betsy?

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th November 2012, 15:32

Betsy , i planted it this year as well , after admiring it in my mums garden for years and years , always been a great rose for her , and a good healthy bush as well , don't know why i didn't plant it sooner .....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th November 2012, 15:35

I'm in the Lower Hunter, Ozroz, about 20 mins west of Lake Macquarie. No sea air to speak of, so no salt. I haven't seen any PM in four years, but BS comes around at high summer.

betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 18th November 2012, 15:36

Maree, good to have your opinion as always because we may prefer different individual roses, but we are in sync in so many ways.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 18th November 2012, 21:56

Thanks Betsy , your right there , both scent blood hounds lol ... I went to mums yesterday , she and my sisters love Parole , mum's got it in a big vase and its enormous , and mum says isn't it beautiful and i just nod my head , and think no its not , but i do say , it has got a lovely perfume mum , thought of you Betsy lol ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 19th November 2012, 07:21

LOL maree - funny , wheever I see the name "Violina", I think of you

Hey, does your lovely Mum have Firefighter? I mention this because I recently threw Parole and FF together in a vase, and the look was an exquisite and showy visual pairing. I need not say that the fragrance emanating from a mere four blooms could have filled a department store.
betsyw
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 19th November 2012, 20:16

No she doesn't have FF Betsy , but i do and you should see it at the moment , its absolutely full of blooms , my sister loves Red Cedar , aka Loving Memory or something i think , it has very little fragrance but she loves the flowers and the long stems , doesn't care that it has hardly any fragrance , and there you have it ,we all see roses in a different way lol ... ps my mum is lovely .... your right there ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty 21st November 2012, 00:42

I have Firefighter blooming right now and just love its colour, the long stems, the perfume, just everything about it!
Betty
Betty

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down