Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Social Media

+7
silkyfizz
jordan71
neptune
AutumnDamask
Balinbear
RosyTeesh
The Lazy Rosarian
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Social Media - Page 2 Empty Re: Social Media

Post by RosyTeesh 14th September 2012, 15:46

I think Neptune & Roseman are maybe going to try and reinstate it. If not, then that's ok. I think it could only be a positive thing to access photos, but as I previously said, it's not for everyone. I am on Facebook and I am not a bad demographic lol.

If this doesn't go ahead, perhaps tambralyngar and I could start a roses interest page for those who would use it, not linked to here of course. And those who would like to use it can and those who aren't interested that is ok too Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 14th September 2012, 15:53

No we are not trying to reinstall it
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th September 2012, 15:59

My bad Roseman I only just scrolled up to read Neptune's message - Must have missed that one.

Would it be ok if we created one and posted the link here but didn't link Rosetalk to the site? I am unsure what the rules are here and don't want to step on any toes. I just want to be able to have a folder of all my roses for everyone to see.

RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 14th September 2012, 16:07

Teesh do you not use Photobuck or the equivalent, most people do. I use it for aforum I am on in the USA as it is the one which the Admin of the forum placed on it. Most of the members here have a similar photo thing.
As for the link idea, I will converse with Neptune
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 14th September 2012, 16:12

I was just trying to help, sorry if I offened or upset anyone.

I would be interested in starting one Rosy Teesh, I just thought it would be an easy way to see/access more photos

I agree Fb is not for everyone but that is ok, I am on FB & I am not a bad demographic ( wink wink)
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th September 2012, 16:17

I didn't mean to upset anyone either, just a friendly suggestion for those who would like to use it.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 14th September 2012, 16:21

Tam, no one is offened. To add FB or T to this small forum would need someone sitting here all day to moderate it IMO. We are a small forum of about 163, between the hours I am here and with LOTS of help from John(neptune) it runs ok. If all or a majority of those 163 were active we might be able to handle it, with help. The American rose forum I am on has roughly 12 moderators and I think 3 Admin
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th September 2012, 16:21

I only use Facebook & Twitter now, and of course Rosetalk Smile. I did have Instagram for a while but it was too many things to keep up with so I deleted it. I had to cull quite a few social networking sites because I wasted so much time on them all lol.

I don't know anyone who uses photobucket, I think that's why I have never created an account for it. I guess the albums on FB are the same thing so I have never needed to. But I do know FB is not for everyone and that's ok Smile

Thanks Roseman
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by sallybcs 14th September 2012, 18:56

I'm pretty sure that the Fb page that Simon set up got very little if any traffic from anyone. Usually there were only posts generated automatically telling the people who had joined the FB page that there were posts on here.

sallybcs

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 14th September 2012, 19:24

you will find that FB is very much social orientated , and I would think that anyone who wants to talk about roses and show pictures of them, can go no further than here. We cater for it all
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RosyTeesh 14th September 2012, 20:23

When Simon had the FB page and Twitter up he only put links to here and no photos or anything else that may have drawn more people to the page. I thought maybe if it was more about the photos, then people may tend to join to compare photos etc.

I think for a small amount of us is easier to scroll through photos, comment on photos and chat. All of my rose photos go up on my Facebook page and a lot of people comment on them. Makes me feel proud of what I have grown. It may or may not work, but that is ok with me. Even if just my close friends with gardens join I will be happy.

I am going to set up a Facebook page for photos etc and if preferred I won't mention RoseTalk because I don't want to step on any toes or upset anyone. I am happy to mention this site if admin would like, but that is up to them.

If anyone would like to join please let me know. This is in no way to draw attention away from here, because as Neptune says this is a great site and does a lot of things FB can't Smile
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar 14th September 2012, 20:33

I agree RosyTeesh, FB is easier for some, I will join you on FB, but as you said Rosetalk is a great rose site for all sorts of different info.
tambralyngar
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2