Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Does anyone grow these roses ?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone grow these roses ? Empty Does anyone grow these roses ?

Post by maree 28th July 2012, 13:20

I've came up with some names i'd like to run past the members , they are - Climbing Pinkie , Duchess De Brabant , Reve'D'Or, Perle'D'Or does anyone grow these as climbers , would they be suitable for a small arbour ? Also a question for the rose breeders please , what is Rose -Rosette Disease and is it in Australia ? Thanks guys ......
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Does anyone grow these roses ? Empty Re: Does anyone grow these roses ?

Post by hariet~rose 28th July 2012, 17:56

I grow pinkie and it is a 'wow' rose in my garden and very dependable and disease free. i have moved it around the garden a couple of times and it bounced back, suggesting to me that it is a rose tolerant of harsh conditions..
hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear 28th July 2012, 19:49

We have all of those mentioned. We have touble with Pinkie. It keeps dying back after flowering. The others grow well but our climate conditions are quite different to yours.
Balinbear
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 28th July 2012, 20:12

I've had Reve D'Or. Grew it over a small timber arbor in a terrace courtyard. I had wanted a Jaune Desprez (and whatever the rest of its name is), but couldn't get it at the time and so settled for RdO as a yellow. No regrets at all . Lovely, trouble-free noisette. Fragrant up close. Not as speedy for me as the indefatiguable Mme Al Carriere, but would not hesitate to mnake room for it again if the occasion should arise.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow 28th July 2012, 20:47

Hi Maree. Nice roses you have chosen. Reve D'Or is a lovely rose but eventually squashed a steel mesh archway at my friend's garden. I surpose you could keep it pruned down.
I checked on Helpmefindroses and the smallest climber of the first three you listed was Duchess De Brabant. Next in size is Pinkie. Perle D' Or wasn't listed, which was strange, but as you can see from my photo it is a big shrub rose. Maybe you could make a climber of it.
I have a young Duchess de Brabant on its own roots and it grew very quickly. I also sent a plant of it to Meryl from here and she was very happy with it.
My Pinkies, there was 3 own roots side by side. One started going ove the arch. The good think about Pinkie is that it is thornles and creates a nice shady spot undernealth.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 28th July 2012, 22:21

Thanks everyone , Rosemeadow , lovely photos , i think Duchess de Brabant , could be a goer , its a Earth-Kind rose as well , so excited , finally i may have found a climbing rose for my poor lonely looking arbour , now just the Clematis to go with it , and i know absolutely nothing about Clematis , except that i killed two ..... Thanks again .....
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 29th July 2012, 04:18

Beautiful pix., rosemeadow. Getting bleary=eyed with addictively watching the Olympics into the wee hours and beyond, so an eyeful of magnificent HUGE bushes is better than Visine,. Those Pinkies are extraordinary.

Pinkies are fragrant, aren't they?
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down