Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Simons DD

2 posters

Go down

Simons DD Empty Simons DD

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 8th June 2010, 06:36

Just a quick note on your DD, good colour, love the cream in it and the blush of pink/red. thought it did not grow well for you or is it high enough to miss the cool cold ground.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Simons DD Empty Re: Simons DD

Post by Admin 8th June 2010, 15:00

This was an experimental one (no longer exists... I culled it to start again along the same lines) to test Dee's theory that 'Double Delight' needs to be raised off the ground a bit. The one pictured on the portal page is one I budded onto a long multiflora cane on one of my multiflora plants and being the twit that I am I managed to bud something else onto the same plant that had RMV... so my stock plant developed RMV... I decided to cull the whole thing and start again with a purpose grown, clean, rootstock for it. The results tend to show one of two things... maybe it was because the parent plant I have is grafted onto Dr Phooey and it will do much better here on multiflora or it shows that when you do get it up off the ground (it was grafted onto a metre long cane) then it WILL grow better. Maybe the combination of bopth these things will allow it to be much happier. I love the flower but I hate the plant so much... it will need to perform 100000% better to stay its execution.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum