Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes

3 posters

Go down

Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes Empty Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes

Post by Admin 17th September 2009, 14:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've got some 'Black Russian', 'Mellow Yellow', and 'Beefsteak' toms in this year and wouldn't mind trying this... might keep them up and away from the critters here.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes Empty Re: Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes

Post by Billndee 17th September 2009, 22:19

I wanted to try this method this year but I have been talked out of it because of the extra weigh on our poly house ridge pole
So instead Bill has built a strong shelf about chest height in the poly house to hold pots of tomatoes. This will enable them to drape themselves up and over the the edge of the pot and hang down tward the ground.
I really wanted to grow upside down tomatoes too. Creepy

Billndee

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes Empty Re: Anyone ever tried this? Upside down tomatoes

Post by Guest 18th September 2009, 11:05

very cool idea Simon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 18th September 2009, 12:50

The hydroponic tomatoes next door are growing in peat bags. The nutrients are delivered via a drip hose and the vine is tied up with bailing twine. As the plant grows the twine is shortened until final growth is reached ( about 6 feet ) The bucket idea is just the reverse without tying , nutrients can be poured or dripped in the top of the bucket.

Will ask my neighbour about the bucket system, he may know which system is best.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down