Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Personal Websites. Add yours to the list.

+2
Billndee
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Personal Websites. Add yours to the list. Empty Personal Websites. Add yours to the list.

Post by Admin 29th June 2009, 22:06

This is mine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Personal Websites. Add yours to the list. Empty Re: Personal Websites. Add yours to the list.

Post by Billndee 29th June 2009, 22:54

Great blog, Simon. I had a little look around. Lots of interesting stuff.
One thing caught my eye. Extension tubes for the camera. I would love a macro lens but the price makes that impossible. I havenot heared of extension tubes before. I can buy a set on ebay for $9!
Must have a chat to you about them sometime.

Billndee

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Personal Websites. Add yours to the list. Empty Re: Personal Websites. Add yours to the list.

Post by Admin 29th June 2009, 23:01

be cautious about them Dee... You have a modern dSLR and not all extension tubes are compatible with a modern dSLR. Mine is specifically made for Canon dSLR. You would need to make sure the one you are looking at would also work on your dSLR. My Macro lens wasn't very $$$ either. I picked up an older macro lens off Ebay for $100 and sent it away to Sigma for re-chipping for my camera for another $100... so got mine for around $200 and it is now worth a whole lot more than that too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbi 30th June 2009, 10:56

What an interesting site, simon.

Abbi

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th June 2009, 14:55

Lot of work gone into that Simon, affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie 1st November 2009, 06:10

The rosy website I am active on is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B 1st November 2009, 08:04

Hi,
mine is not at all a rosy website - it's about our dogs.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 1st November 2009, 13:48

Great websites!

Sandie, I have never seen this website before... it's pure Australian Rose Heaven! Do you have much to do with the design? If so do you think you could ask them to start a miniature class? I always feel like the minis are treated like second-class roses and would love to see their profile and reputation raised.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie 8th November 2009, 04:29

Glad you like the site Simon. Smile
To date most of the content has been from me but ANYONE can contribute to the site.
You just have to sign up (to keep spam out).
My interest lays in the old roses and in Australian rose history so that is where I focus my attention.
If anyone has an interest and knowledge of Miniatures (or any other field) then they can create an article and also upload photos to the rose classes.
It's all user friendly and easy to do.
Regards
sandie
Sandie
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 8th November 2009, 12:41

Sounds ideal Sandie... I'm a little strapped for time at the moment but will be on Christmas holidays in mid December so will gladly help out then and start a section on miniatures... there are plenty of heritage miniatures, and even Australian miniatures, around that I think would fit in with the Australian heritage rose theme perfectly Thumbsup

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th November 2009, 12:31

Love your website Sandie Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 10th November 2009, 13:49

Barbara B, I liked your site pardon my Hobby Horse clinical tests in people, animals etc. Wonder they haven't come up with a DNA test for Blackspot in roses to help line their pockets.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B 10th November 2009, 15:53

Hi Ozeboy,
maybe it's more environmental than genetic? There may be a genetic propensity towards it, but it's not a field I know much about.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie 11th November 2009, 08:03

Ozeboy-Blackspot is a group of diseases-there are many different forms.
The number of forms has grown in proportion to the chemicals that have been used to treat it.
Like all good diseases blackspot has evolved to become more resistant and
even immune to chemical warfare.
The answer is to live with blackspot-it's not that hard to do.
It comes and it goes-it has its season and then it is gone til the next.
The answer as to whether it is genetic or environmental is 'a bit of both'.
A genetic propensity to blackspot came from the Austrian Briars when they were used to introduce a strong yellow into Hybrid Teas.
regards
sandie
Sandie
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 11th November 2009, 08:31

Hi Barbara B, my sense of humour possibly need an overhaul.

Why test for blindness in dogs when it's obvious there isn't a problem because no dogs have ever gone blind in a closed breeding program over 50 years But DNA suggests they will go blind because they are C effected

Blackspot in roses is similar, you don't have to test for it because its visible and easy to see. Your roses either subseptable to black spot or not.
Blackspot as you mentioned is partly invironmental but Brindabella Bouquet doesn't get BS even in the worst humid weather so that's definately genetical.

I still think there is more to learn about the PRA blindness test as at present it proves nothing conclusive.

Sorry back to the roses as this is a rose site. I really liked your site, great gardens, nice home all very well cared for, nice stud of quality dogs all PRA tested ( Forgive me) and I get a tranquil feeling when I look at the site.

Great site Barbara you are to be congratulated.

By the way I am going to use Brindabells Bouquet as a breeder this season.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy 11th November 2009, 09:02

Hi Sandie, It was really about testing dogs for PRA blindness and nothing to do with roses.

I agree with you that Blackspot is genetical and invironmental as well.

Sorry to confuse everyone.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down