Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Cheap is always better?

Go down

Cheap is always better? Empty Cheap is always better?

Post by Guest 19th May 2009, 10:54

I am always amazed at what hoops people will jump through to save a few bucks.

Body bag roses, and not only that but got it also be the cheapest around too, even wait till the end of the season to get them on sale. Doesn't anyone care about the quality of the roses they plant? Don't you think there is reason those roses are cheaper? What about supporting the quality nurseries that really care about the rose in your garden and offer you a much better selection of well grown roses compared to the discount rose of the month at Big W?

Buy the tea book? Not if it can order from the lib or bought as a used book half way around the world to save a few bucks. I just hope that enough people actually do buy this book in Australia. It is a fantastic effort and should be supported. It is not often we get any books of value written by Australians, about Australian roses. I would like to think this book would be well supported by those who consider themselves 'into' roses (an not just the US and European rose lovers who seem to understand that buying the book is important)/ If the book is not bought, we do not stand a chance of getting more quality Australian books released.

this is how I look at it. The cost of the book is no more than a couple of latest release HT's or DA's which will likely prove to be crap anyway. Spend your money on the book which is something really worth having. Then when the budget affords, go buy the roses mentioned that you like from a reputable nursery. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Cheap is always better? Empty Re: Cheap is always better?

Post by Admin 19th May 2009, 16:37

Cree... it would be rude of me to make comment on how one chooses to manage their finances without knowing their circumstances. So therefore I refrain from doing so and keep my opinions to myself on this or other related issues. Nor would I judge anybody for wanting to buy cheap roses because the more people who are into roses the better and last time I checked growing roses wasn't means tested. Quite honestly if I decide to manage my finances in a certain way and make certain choices about how, where and on what I spend my money then frankly it's no-ones busniess except my own. I understand what you are saying... I just don't agree with you and I think it is out of line to make such comments and be so judgemental. Not to mention the vision here is to create a community based on the sharing of information and experience... so if someone wants to borrow my things... they are more than welcome.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 19th May 2009, 16:41

Please note... this thread is closed.

Admin

Number of posts : 3750
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum