Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!!

4 posters

Go down

Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!! Empty Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!!

Post by SueH 19th June 2015, 13:34

Sorry Guys and Gals,
Please would some kind sou remind me of the spray to use when pruning my roses to prevent Black Spot etc. Thank You!! Embarassed

SueH

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2013-06-06

Back to top Go down

Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!! Empty Re: Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!!

Post by LouiseJB 19th June 2015, 22:07

Hi Sue,
I use lime sulphur on and around the rose plant after pruning.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Louise.

LouiseJB

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!! Empty Re: Can't Remember!!!! CRAFT's strikes again!!

Post by SueH 20th June 2015, 14:04

Thank you Louise! It just escaped me! Very Happy

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 21st June 2015, 22:50

LouiseJB wrote:Hi Sue,
I use lime sulphur on and around the rose plant after pruning.

Now I am going to put the lime sulphur...

Alya

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 21st June 2015, 23:20

don't forget to repeat after a couple of weeks...
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 21st June 2015, 23:55

Thanks for that Neptune... I must admit I am lazy to follow because I have been so busy diggin holes and planting more roses...  but no excuse...

I can't resist buying more because of the price... Here a Farm shop selling Harkness seconds for £4.50...with a bit of TLC They are becoming 1st class within two months...from the 6th of June to 20 June I bought 31 more roses and have to put them into the ground... a lot of hard work to try to dig dry clay soil with tons of flint stone... and juggle day time responsibilities...

Please keep posting the reminders!

Alya

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 22nd June 2015, 00:42

Alya wrote:... a lot of hard work to try to dig dry clay soil with tons of flint stone...

Isn't easier to soak the clay soil with water before digging it up.... just a thoughty...
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya 22nd June 2015, 01:28

neptune wrote:
Isn't easier to soak the clay soil with water before digging it up.... just a thoughty...

I am over the moon that someone thinks and do like I do!

I do indeed but it is not so practical especially if the ground you are trying to dig has never ever been dug before for at least 200 years. You are just hitting the flint and the clay. In the past before our houses were built all of that area used to be all woodland on the hills. 50 years ago the builders dug the foundations to build the houses. and I am the first person with so and so mind trying to cultivate the gorund to turn the area into modern flower bed and tuck my roses in. The area is woodland but airy with lots of dappled shade

With experience I have found out that most of my roses are doing well under that dappled shade. Obviously the ones who can tolerate the shade like Rhapsody in Blue, Waltz Time, Zephirine Drouhin, Ruxborghii, Mr Lincoln, Congratulations, Weilchlenblau, Penelpoe, Mundi, China Town, Gajuard, Black Magic, Golden Showers, De Resch, Dagmar Hastrup, Kazanlik, Forever Royal , Jacquline Du Pre, Palus Scarlet, Galway Bay, Seagull, Dublin Bay Simple Life, Esperanzo, Parky, Great North Eastern Rose, Octavia Hill, Glyndebourne, York Minster, Keros Patricia Kent, Pearl Abudance, Gemma, 95% of the Damask roses and so on.. The ones who definetly require full sun do not go there.

Alya

Back to top Go down

Post by SueH 22nd June 2015, 13:53

neptune wrote:don't forget to repeat after a couple of weeks...

Thanks John!! Smile

SueH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum