Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Delbards

5 posters

Go down

Delbards Empty Delbards

Post by muscovyduckling 27th November 2014, 00:18

I bought Guy Savoy today, after seeing a huge bunch of his blooms at the rose show. You should see the big huge fat giant pot of him that I got from Newstead Roses! Biggest potted rose I've ever seen. I am very pleased, even though he's much more flouro than any of the other roses. I couldn't help it. And Silky said her Henri Matisse was a super healthy flower machine. So I just got him.

Anyone else growing Delbards?

muscovyduckling
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Delbards Empty Re: Delbards

Post by silkyfizz 27th November 2014, 20:32

Zoe I don't blame you for getting GS. It was a knockout at the rose show, that combination of cherry and creamy stripes and strong fragrance. Yum! As you know, I have several Delbards and love them all. Can't fault them for beauty, health, continuous flowering and mostly fragrant. This may just be the start of a love affair!
silkyfizz
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 29th November 2014, 13:01

I only have two of them namely Red Intuition and Grimaldi and am very happy with them although I haven't had any success on the show bench with either of them as yet. I believe however Grimaldi shows a great deal of promise.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune 29th November 2014, 13:16

Doug, Stuart Cole and myself have had great success with Red Intuition on the show bench. Stuart likes it so much , he has five bushes of the RI......
neptune
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LouiseJB 29th November 2014, 14:30

Hi All,
I have three delbards. Nahema, Imperatrice Farah and Fetes Galantes.

Can't fault Nahema. Great climber. Beautiful perfume. Proliferous blooms. Imperatrice Farah has better blooms when its a bit cooler. Fetes Galantes is doing a lot better now that it is out of the pot. Wonderful long stems with only single bud formation that is unusual as with the hot weather almost all hybrid teas are throwing out sprays.
Cheers,
Louise☺

LouiseJB

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose 1st December 2014, 03:17

Some judges appear not to like striped roses in general on the show bench. The AQ and I are not this way inclined although I must admit we haven't come across many units of striped roses while judging and those we have weren't very good specimens. From what I have seen of the blooms on the Red Intuition I am growing they could be showed a an exhibition rose, a bunch rose or full bloom rose. The blooms I have grown to date have been smallish  some judges tend to shy away from small booms when deciding winners in exhibition and full bloom classes although this is incorrect interpretation of the judging rules. So these leaves the bunch classes in which there are five or three blooms. We will attempt to get some quality bunch class units on the bench and see what happens.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down