Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

Guy Savoy

2 posters

Go down

Guy Savoy  Empty Guy Savoy

Post by Bonita18 22nd November 2012, 12:19

Yesterday I purchased Guy Savoy the Delbard rose from Bartons Rose Farm at Kalbar, Qld. All the plants had huge thick canes and looked to be a very vigorous variety. Does anyone grow this rose and please tell me warts 'n all what you think about it. My climate is mild temperate with great red volcanic soil which does not hold water very well.

Bonita18

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Guy Savoy  Empty Re: Guy Savoy

Post by RosyTeesh 23rd November 2012, 09:41

Hi Bonita, it looks similar to my Delbard, but mine was mislabelled so I can't be sure Sad Mine is very very healthy, it's in the front yard with not so good soil and is growing like crazy after the rain. Took it a few months to take off but now I look at it every time I drive in and out of the driveway and admire it Very Happy Never had any problems with aphids (even next to Paris 2000 which frequently gets visits from the nasty buggers), no black spot. Not really any scent, but the flowers so beautiful I don't mind. The flowers sort of turn orange in the sun which gives a nice two tone lot of flowers all the time.
RosyTeesh
RosyTeesh

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum