Rose Talk Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Watch This Space, more info coming.
by The Lazy Rosarian 21st September 2018, 06:25

» A Rose by any other name ...
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2018, 19:26

» Looking for "St Brigid's Rose"
by The Lazy Rosarian 11th August 2018, 06:50

» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

MAGIC ROSE NURSERY

+2
AutumnDamask
maree
6 posters

Go down

MAGIC ROSE NURSERY Empty MAGIC ROSE NURSERY

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 09:37

Just wondering , who out there has used Magic roses ,and if you have did you like them . I have been there once years ago , and thought it was very good , thinking about going back next year for new roses . I have had some dodgy roses from some nurserys i think in the past , so just want to check first . Probably the best roses i have had , have been from Swanes , always been healthy roses . What are other members experiences or is it not right to mention nursery names on this site ?
maree
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

MAGIC ROSE NURSERY Empty Re: MAGIC ROSE NURSERY

Post by Guest 16th September 2012, 09:57

I have n't bought from Swanes but you cannot beat Treloars , very good quality I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask 16th September 2012, 14:04

I bought some roses from them a few years back and they were good, healthy plants.
AutumnDamask
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 16th September 2012, 15:27

I think I've said this before, but I repeat that, unequivocably, the best HTs/floris on average for health that I have ever purchased have come from Magic Gardens - all up, I've ordered about 40+ bareroots from MG over the past 7 years. Varieties include from memory include Charles de Gaulle, Violina, Fragrant Cloud, Jardins de Bagatelle, Valencia, Aotearoa, Just Joey, Diamond Jubilee, and others whose names do not immediately come to mind. All arrived with fresh substantial canes (I think their bareroots are 2 1/2 years old) and really good roots in place. All flourished after planting. I may not have liked some of my choices, but it was because of my personal opinion of the variety, not bthe plant itself.

So yeah, two thumbs up for MG. Their postage hike from Vic to NSW make the nursery less attractive now as a supplier for me, but that's a question of Scrooginess on my part.

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a beneficiary of financial reward from Magic Gardens. However, I am open to future bribes. Innocent
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 17:28

Fantastic Betsy , its a bit of a hike , about three hours drive from where i live , rather than have them posted ,but thats where i'm headed for next years roses and they have a huge selection as well ...
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw 16th September 2012, 17:48

The people I've dealt with on the phone are very nice and veryhelpful/ knowledgeable.

A few years ago one of the owners suggested Violina as a really good rose, when no one else was talking it up much. Knowing that you are a fan of Vi, I think you might mention that cultivar if you are chatting to a customer service person. Might put them right on track for something else that has gone under the radar but would be perfect for you.
betsyw
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 16th September 2012, 18:01

Violina , has been such a good rose for me , healthy , free flowering , not much BS , no mildew , and has repeatedly endured my earstwhile , but maybe somewhat harsh pruning , and come back as good as new , love her , wish all roses were so good , Olde Fragrance is in the same league too . Only thing is she is getting a bit old now , been there for ages , and maybe its time for a change , but i don't know if i can part with her , maybe for a short time ....
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2012, 06:05

Maree it is good to tell us the name of a good nursery experience. If you have a bad one try and diguise thier name. For example, there is a rose on here which gets reffered to as "Dr. Phoooey" otherwise known as Dr. Huey. In relation to the nursery that you mention, if it had been a bad experience I would go with something like this "there is a band nmaed the Beatles and they sang a song with the name of ####### Mystery Tour. I would only do this after all avenues with said nursery had been exhausted.

Regards David.
The Lazy Rosarian
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 17th September 2012, 07:32

ive bought two roses from magic garden.. good quality roses and good service
jordan71
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by maree 17th September 2012, 18:24

Thanks David , i think this particular nursery changed their suppliers , i was told , so could be hard to track down now ... I'm definately going to try Magic Roses , but Swanes would be a favourite , can't fault their roses so far ......
maree
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 18th September 2012, 03:12

This season I purchased 3 roses from Treloars along with my brother who got 3 to and all were very good plants that were healthy.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down