Travellers Return

Go down

Travellers Return

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 25th August 2015, 23:45

A short note to say we are on Terra Firma, Aussie form. It is 11.40pm, had a cat nap on getting home to Mudgee, woke up at 9pm. Will give some more info Wednesday, day time. First off tho, not many rose photo's, we were in between "Flushes".
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Travellers Return

Post by neptune on 26th August 2015, 01:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear on 26th August 2015, 20:45

Welcome home. Did you get any of the rain?
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by muscovyduckling on 26th August 2015, 22:43

Greetings! I expect you're still sleeping off the jet lag, but we will forgive you for a day or two yet...and then we must have pictures, or there will be trouble!
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 27th August 2015, 02:13

Thanks John.
No rain to speak of Gary, the time we were in Spain and France, England had a bit, but is bucketing down now according to my sister in law, just received a Msg from her now, it started Sunday night (their time) when we got on the plane. We spent a couple of days, mid August at a friends house that works for DAR and he said they had some prior to us going there.
As for the cricket Gary, it did not matter what I said they just rubbed it in, till the Girls side beat them, then not a word.
Hi Zoe, yes the jet lag is a funny thing, going over, it seems not to happen, coming home is totally upside down. We arrived at Sydney at 5.30am Tuesday, 3.5 hrs later we arrived home, stayed awake for around 3 hrs, then it hit, "nanna map time", couple of hrs latter, then bed like normal, but the clock had not set it self correctly, up at 5 am Wednesday, seems normal, no way, in bed yesterday at 7pm, woke at 1am (thur), so here we are answering the post, lets see how today goes.
As for the photo's I will answer honestly, not many taken of roses as they were in between flushes. Some other shots of the places we visited. These will have to wait a couple of days as my computer is playing up, off to the doctor this morning for check up, will post them on it's return.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 27th August 2015, 03:30

I thought I should share a little about our stay in England. As you are all aware, Alya and I have passed on a few Msg prior to going and whilst over there.
A few things changed while there and at one stage I thought I might not catch up with Ayla. So I worked I could get over to her place by bus, it was just up the road to speak in Aussie. Lovely trip, great country side. Missed one connection so caught a cab to her front door. Pressed the intercom on the gate/fence, door opens to meet the most wonderful lady, ever so happy/bubbly/out going/friendly. Also got to meet Ian her husband, he snuck off work early to catch up. I did not have my camera with me(memory lapse leaving house) or you would see a garden to be "VERY" proud of, no lawn mower here, no room, little passages in between plants(roses) to tend them. I am only in the front garden at this stage, 200 plus roses here(Alya will give correct numbers later). Then to the back yard, basically same as the front, but more roses and more roses, something in the order of 300 plus, again Ayla will give details.  She might even take a front and back photo to show what I saw.
Again many thanks for sharing your time, passion for the rose and your garden with a total stranger.
David.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya on 27th August 2015, 10:19

Welcome back home David.

Here, this last three days it has been raining non stop..today with strong wind ...it feels a bit chilly.

It was very kind of you to make time for us people you have never met before whilsy on holiday. Thank you for making it to us. It was lovely to meet you indeed and you are no stranger.. quite the opposite.. It was a very old and dear friend visited our home.  My other half has been mentioning you everyday since your visit.
We sincerely hope that you would be able to make it to us whenever you come to this part of the world... I have already prepared the menu....and will not forget the beer!!!

Thank you for the compliments for our gardens... Truly all I see is there is a ot of work needs doing especially at the back garden... and not just sniffing and pruning the roses... I wll get onto the garden pics and the list of the roses too once I have finished soliciting ourselves... For the last 4 days I have been spending an hour or so doing budding taking cuttings and planning my next shopping list for wild roses especially the hulthemias, Laevigata anemone cooper's Burmese, the bracteatas and so on...And the hips are still on the roses... when ripen enoung I will post them to you...

We look forward to seeing you again David.

Best wishes to you all.

Alya

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by muscovyduckling on 27th August 2015, 12:46

Alya, the pics I have seen of your garden look wonderful. I know we always see the "to do" list when we look at our own gardens, but try to make time to smell the roses in yours because it is lovely!

I will post some pics of mine to make you feel better, haha.

David, that's OK if you didn't see many roses, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we'd love to see some pics of your travels anyway.

It's probably a good thing that you didn't take too many pics though - I think some people take so many pics while they're away they forget to just enjoy themselves!
muscovyduckling

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alya on 27th August 2015, 20:24

muscovyduckling wrote:Alya, the pics I have seen of your garden look wonderful. I know we always see the "to do" list when we look at our own gardens, but try to make time to smell the roses in yours because it is lovely!

I will post some pics of mine to make you feel better, haha.

Thank you. You are right! The pictures frames just the nice bits and leave out the rest. But the nice bits especially the roses are soo lovely it makes you forget about the chore and the hard work... And on top of this lovely comments like yours make it even much easier to get on with things.  

I don't think I am far off in thinking that you don't let your light shine muscovyduckling. I look forward to see the pics of your lovely roses. Only the pictures of the lovely roses and plants will make it feel better..even just the bark of the trees..(talking about tree bark have you ever noticed the bark of the humble mature buddleia. it is stunning creamy peailng paper thin bark)

It took us 10 years to hung a new bathroom mirror because of the chores of life.. 5 years to get the front driveway done..since 2012 the patio is still waiting to be fixed for obvious reasons...never mind.. Like David said to me "Who cares!!! it will get done.. in the mean time..enjoy the good bits...don't put more pressure on yourself...who cares..if you coud not pick the dead leaves of the roses off the ground on the spot!!....in the mean time.. Let's enjoy the good bits.

David's visit was the visit of an old and very dear friend of ours. If you ever consider coming to this part of the world muscovyduckling and Neptune and Balinbear and Paulh and......and...we would live to meet you all.

Have a good rest David before you pick up where you left off...

Alya

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum